We cater for children aged from six weeks to school age.
Smileys is open from 6.30am to 6.15pm, Monday to Friday, 52 weeks a year. We’re not open on weekends or public holidays.
There is no minimum amount of days to book.
- We provide 5 nutritionally balanced and culturally diverse meals and snacks.
- All our meals are cooked fresh daily by our experienced Food Coordinator.
- We are allergy aware and will cater for medical, dietary and cultural needs of all our families.
- Menus are on display in the centre, contact the centre for more information
Our sister centre, Smileys Out of School Care offer before and after school care to children from local schools in the community.
Contact: 0447 718 814 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Please email or phone Smileys direct to organise a tour of the centre first so you can see where your child will be cared for and to ensure you are comfortable with your decision. This provides you with an opportunity to view the centre and ask any questions you may have.
During your visit you will receive a Family Handbook which includes additional information about the centre and shortly after you will also be sent a waitlist link to start the enrolment process.
Online enrolment is not offered as we believe it is important for families to build a relationship with the centre and the team that will be responsible for the care and education of your child while enrolled at our service.
Smileys is closed for all public holidays. If your booked day falls on a public holiday, fees will still apply as operating costs and staff still need to be covered. The Australian Government’s Child Care Subsidy (CCS) covers up to 42 absence days a year, which includes public holidays. So unless you exceed this quota, you will be eligible for the CCS discount on public holidays.
Fees still apply for sick days. The Child Care Subsidy will cover up to 42 absence days a year with no documentation and unlimited sick days if you’re able to provide a medical certificate or similar.
Normal fees apply for all absences (including Public Holidays) that fall on a usual day of attendance. Smileys offers a holiday discount for up to four weeks of care per financial year. Families need to provide written notification two weeks in advance to apply the holiday discount. Fee payments need to be up-to-date to receive the holiday discount.
Fees are charged each fortnight for the two weeks in advance. Upon enrolment we will supply you with our direct debit form. You can choose to pay your fees via credit card or direct debit.
It is best to place your child’s name on the waitlist as early as possible given places fill up quickly.
The Child Care Subsidy is the main way the Government assists families with their child care fees.
The Child Care Subsidy that commenced on 2 July 2018:
- replaced the Child Care Benefit (CCB) and Child Care Rebate (CCR) with a single, means-tested subsidy
- is generally paid directly to child care providers to be passed on to families
- is simpler than the previous multi-payment system
- is better targeted and provides more assistance to low and middle income families.
There are three factors that determine a family’s level of Child Care Subsidy. These are:
- Combined annual family income
- Activity test – the activity level of both parents
- Service type – type of child care service and whether the child attends school
The Child Care Subsidy is generally paid directly to service providers to be passed on to families as a fee reduction. Families make a co-contribution to their child care fees and pay to the provider the difference between the fee charged and the subsidy amount.
For more information visit www.education.gov.au/child-care-subsidy